I’ve read that Some E-Card (probably pinned on Pinterest or posted on Facebook) that goes, “I’m so glad it’s Friday! Oh wait, I’m a mom.” I feel that way a lot — the weekends don’t really mean much because they’re basically the same as every other day, but on the other hand, I do have to admit that Fridays do have a different feeling and pace. Friday is just a special day of the week.
Five “highs” from today, so far:
- I went to the gym this morning, marking 3 total trips this week. My buns (legs, arms, neck) are sorer than sore, but it feels good.
- I finally broke down and did some chores I’ve been putting off. Huzzah!
- Lilly is talking! She’s been for a while, but it makes me so so SO happy every single day.
- Lilly went potty in the toilet 5 days in a row this week! We haven’t been successful today, but there’s still time…
- David still says “thank you” for his birthday presents (and lists them) in his prayers. He’s such a sweet reminder of gratitude and appreciation for the simple things.
Here’s a virtual high five for each of you. Now, put a smile on your face and make today wonderful.