Holy smokes! I knew it had been a while since I posted on the blog, feeling guilty I finally logged in and realized it’s been 4 MONTHS since my last post. I’m so shocked and ashamed. It’s the longest I’ve gone without posting. Yuck.
The beginning of the year is the best time to start anew, right? So here we go, a brief update on our (partially nutso) lives of the last 4 months:
- I was writing for a writing agency for a while and enjoyed it quite a bit, though I learned a lot about how to manage my time differently since it consumed a lot of time I had been spending doing other things (mostly sewing, but also doing laundry, cooking and caring for children).
- Short story, Matt’s current business slowed down and we saw an opportunity to branch out of the life and business started in college and check out new career paths, opportunities, etc. In the meantime, we both worked. Matt worked at his business and also for a transportation company and I got a job working evenings and saturdays for a health supplement and all-natural cleaning company. Looooonnnnng days for both of us.
- With some spiritual intervention, Matt took a job offer to work for his dad in California and we suddenly found ourselves out of familiar, chilly Rexburg and living in sunny California (it was only 3 weeks from the time we made the decision to move until we were pulling out of Rexburg).
- We are living in Matt’s parents’ basement “apartment” while he works for his dad and continues to look for that career opportunity we’re sure is out there and I help with projects, take care of kids and adjust to life outside western-ville.
- The kids are just as cute as ever and Lilly is FINALLY talking (mini party going on now) and David is just as much a little dude as he’s ever been.
- Oh, and David went to preschool for a couple months in there too. Dang it.
Seriously, I’m so behind. I might cry, but not now I have more writing to do.